I Whiz Pty Ltd (ABN 71 622 236 846) with its affiliates and its subsidiaries (collectively, “I-Whiz”, “us”, “our” or “we”), owns, operates, or provides access to, this website and the I-Whiz software. (collectively “Services”). We are a privacy conscious organisation and so we want to explain how we protect the information we gather from you via the Services.
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the processing of your information, or changes in applicable law.
We encourage you to read this Policy carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make. By using our Services, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information you provide us in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, please contact us using the contact details below.
Collection of Your Information
Our software only collects personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by users. Such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, company, email address and other contact details. We may also collect User information about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: We may obtain your Personal Information when you provide it to us across our Services.
- Re18 Miscellaneouslationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information in the ordinary course of our relationship with you.
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information that you clearly choose to make public, including via social media - e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s) if you make a public post about us.
- Service data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information when you visit, download, use or register to use any part of our Service.
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content or advertising on the Services or Channels, we may receive User information about you from the relevant third party.
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your Personal Information from third parties who provide it to us. This may include offline channels such as customers, vendors, suppliers, third parties, referral sources, social network sites or services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
We do not usually seek sensitive information. Where it becomes necessary to process Sensitive Personal Information under relevant law, we would rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: We may process your Sensitive Personal Information where the processing is required or permitted by applicable law;
- Detection and prevention of crime: We may process your Sensitive Personal Information where the processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights: We may process your Sensitive Personal Information where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may process your Sensitive Personal Information where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to processing your Sensitive Personal Information.
Our Services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
Login information, cookies and web beacons
This software collects standard internet log information including your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring software addresses.
Use of Your Information
The purposes for which we may use User information, subject to applicable law, include:
- Provision of the Services to You: providing the Services to you from I-Whiz or its partners including (i) posting of your personal testimonial alongside other endorsements, (ii) management of your account, and (iii) customer support and relationship management.
- Offering and improving the Services: operating and managing the Services for you; communicating and interacting with you via the Services; identifying issues with the Services; and notifying you of changes to any of our Services.
- Communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person); maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required.
- User Engagement and Purchases: tracking purchase traffic and activity across the Service and on Channels, including review of your browsing history (if available); provision of analytics and measurement of cost of traffic against money being made.
- IT Administration: administration of Law-Whiz’ information technology systems; network and device administration; network and device security; implementing data security and information systems policies; compliance audits in relation to internal policies; identification and mitigation of fraudulent activity; and compliance with legal requirements.
- Security: electronic security measures (including monitoring of login records and access details) to help mitigate the risk of and provide the ability to identify and rectify a security incident.
- Financial Management: general business and financial management purposes, including: economic, financial and administrative management; planning and reporting; personnel development; sales; accounting; finance; corporate audit; and compliance with legal requirements
- Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal Proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights. We also may release information about users when we believe in good faith that such release is in the interest of protecting the rights, property, safety or security of Law-Whiz, any of our users or the public, or to respond to an emergency.
- Legal Compliance: Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to release information concerning any user of Services when we have grounds to believe that the user is in violation of our contractual arrangements or we have a reasonable believe that the user has engaged, or is engaging, in any illegal activity, and to release information in response to legal or regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Personal information may be given to third parties in order to:
- connect Users;
- process payments; or
- respond to your requests or inquiries.
These disclosures may involve the transfer of personal information to states, regions or countries with different data protection rules than those under the Privacy Act. By providing your information to us through this software, you consent to the disclosures described above.
Personal information may also be disclosed to:
- law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies, or to other third parties, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
- outside professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors, or lawyers), subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation);
- any relevant third party provider, where our Services use third party advertising, plugins or content. If you choose to interact with any such advertising, plugins or content, information about your activities on the Services and Channels to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests may be shared with the relevant third party provider. If you click or tap on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria;
- any relevant third party providers assisting with the collection, storage and segmentation of online data and the providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. These third party providers may collect User information from our Services for their own purposes, including but not limited to monitoring fraud around the web.
Access to information
You may access and modify your user profile or unsubscribe in accordance with the terms and conditions of use.
In all cases we will treat requests to access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all information provided by users of this software from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Special information for EU Residents.
GDPR provides certain rights for EU residents. You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of the Services.
These rights include, in accordance with applicable law, the right to object to or request the restriction of processing of your information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own information.
Where we process your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the processing of your Personal Information in reliance upon any other available legal bases).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact:
In Australia, for further information about privacy and the protection of privacy, or if you believe that we have not adequately handled your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details are as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992
If you are an EU resident and have any unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily after contacting us, you have the right to contact the appropriate EU Supervisory Authority and lodge a complaint.